Continue to take your performance to New Heights... Please check this section periodically for helpful announcements and information relating to impactful leadership effectiveness approaches.
Among the most critical, yet undervalued, competencies for any executive to possess are those of Emotional Intelligence and Influence. Some helpful books/articles in these topic areas are:
- Emotional Intelligence. Daniel Goleman, Bantam Books, New York, 1995.
- Leadership That Gets Results. Daniel Goleman, Harvard Business Review, March-April, 2000. [Emotional Intelligence].
- Influence Without Authority. A.R. Cohen & D.L. Bradford, 1997.
- The Art of Influence. C. Widner, Doubleday, 2008.
- Influence – Science and Practice. R. Cialdini, Allyn & Bacon, 2001.
- Successful Executive's Handbook. Personnel Decisions International, 2003. [ A wealth of developmental suggestions for Executives, outlined by competency]
- Successful Manager’s Handbook. Personnel Decisions International, 2004. [A wealth of developmental suggestions for Managers, outlined by competency]
- FYI: For Your Improvement. Lominger International, 5th Edition, 2007. [A guide for development and coaching suggestions; by competency].
- The Oz Principle. R. Connors, T. Smith & C. Hickman, Penguin Books, 2004. [Deals with the issue of establishing productive behaviors and personal accountability in the workplace]
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. Stephen R. Covey, Simon and Schuster, 1989. [Still a classic outline of leadership effectiveness and personal impact].
- Leadership 101. John C. Maxwell, Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2002.
- The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader. John C. Maxwell, Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1999.
- Now, Discover Your Strengths. M. Buckingham & D. Clifton, 2001.
- Strengths Finder 2.0: A New and Updated Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now, Discover Your Strengths. Tom Rath, Gallup Press, 2007.
- The Leadership Pipeline. R. Charan, S. Drotter & J. Noel, Josey-Bass, 2001.
- Good to Great. Jim Collins, Harper-Collins, New York, 2001. [Research and insights into transforming organizations]
- Topgrading. B. Smart, Penguin Group, 2005. [How to hire, coach and retain the best people].
- Right from the Start. D. Ciampa & M. Watkins, Harvard Business School Press, 1999.
- The First 90 Days. M. Watkins, Harvard Business Press, 2003.